live football:Standard Forward Mail
& Change of Address
Moving or Relocating
live football scores high schoo www.bstinh.com If you're moving, submit a permanent change of address request so your USPS® mail is properly rerouted to your new address.
If you're only relocating for 15 days up to 1 year (like going to school or staying with family or friends), submit a temporary change of address request.
Plan ahead. Although mail forwarding may begin within 3 business days of your submitted request, it's best to allow up to 2 weeks. Mail will be forwarded to your new address as it comes, piece by piece.
Choose to change your address in a few simple steps online or visit your local Post Office™ location.
What Mail Is Forwarded
- First-Class™ mail and periodicals (newsletters and magazines) are forwarded for free.
- Priority Mail Express®, Priority Mail®, and USPS Ground Advantage™ items are forwarded for free.
- Media Mail® items are forwarded, but you must pay the cost for shipping from your local Post Office to your temporary address.
- USPS Marketing Mail® is not forwarded.
Your change of address order only changes your mailing address with the Post Office. You must still update government agencies (like for your benefits, driver's license, and voter registration) and companies (like banks, insurance, online stores, etc.).
How to Change Your Address Online
- Go to the Official USPS Change of Address® website.
- Choose an option for either an "Individual," "Family," or "Business" move, and complete the form.
- Verify your identity: Opt in online to receive a verification code or link on your mobile phone OR go to a Post Office with an acceptable photo ID to complete the identity verification process in person.
- Pay the $1.10 identity verification fee.
- USPS will email you a confirmation code. Use this code if you need to modify or cancel your request.
- A welcome kit with coupons from USPS partners will arrive at your new address.
- Mail will be rerouted to your new address piece by piece.
How to Change Your Address at the Post Office
- Visit your local Post Office location with acceptable photo ID.
- Request a free Mover's Guide packet.
- Fill out the PS Form 3575 found inside the packet, and give it to the retail associate. They will use your photo ID to verify your identity, then process your change of address request.
Extended Mail Forwarding
Standard mail forwarding lasts 12 months. You can pay to extend mail forwarding for 6, 12, or 18 more months (18 months is the maximum).
To purchase Extended Mail Forwarding, you can add it when you first submit your change of address request or if you later edit your request. (USPS will also send you a reminder email when you have 1 month left in your mail forwarding.)
Important: You can’t cancel or request a refund for Extended Mail Forwarding.
For more information and pricing, read the Extended Mail Forwarding FAQs.
Note: When your mail forwarding period ends, USPS will return your mail to the sender for 6 months with a label that has your new address.
Premium Forwarding Services
In addition to regular mail forwarding, USPS offers paid Premium Forwarding Service® options for residential and business customers who would like more flexibility or control over when and where they receive mail.
Related Mail Services
See other ways to manage USPS mail and have peace of mind when no one is home to receive important documents or packages.
USPS Hold Mail Service
If you'll be away for 30 days or less, use USPS Hold Mail® service and your local Post Office will hold all your mail until you return. Your mail carrier will resume your regular mail delivery when you return or you can pick up your mail at the Post Office.
Stop or Forward Mail for the Deceased
Learn how to manage mail for loved ones who have passed. You can redirect their mail to another address and you can remove them from advertising lists.